Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I am a believer of memory.

I know that I wasn't born out of love, nor out of lust; I was born out of the memory of these feelings. I was born out of a recollection of a past that was supposed to be forgotten.

I believe in the existence of emotions; I also believe in their cessation. I believe that the memory of having these emotions is what gives them their seemingly unending existence.

I believe that love is felt by remembering the memory of what love feels like. Loathing, from the memory of what made you feel such.

I believe that memory shared is a vessel of emotions shared, emotions understood, misunderstood, reciprocated.

I believe that there is no present. Everything is a memory of a past - always a split-second future turning into a split-second past. There is no present.

I believe that forgetting is not eradication of memory, but denial of it, with intention or without. It is latency; it is hibernation; it is panels of fogged glass that would inevitably shatter with periodic bombardment of rocks.

I am a believer of memory. I am also a believer of freedom from it. Because memory is as beautiful as it is ugly.

2 comments:

  1. still reading all your texts, even the old ones, and i'm more than happy to be able to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks,love. been visiting yours too habitually.

      Delete